Meet this chocolate zucchini bread made into muffins and boosted with protein!
Cooking with protein and making calorie-conscious treats can be tricky; but, they are rewarding from a macronutrient (and taste standpoint) if you do it correctly.
- Set oven to 350F.
- Grate a medium zucchini until you can fill about 1 cup with the shavings. Wrap the zucchini in a cloth towel (or cheesecloth) and squeeze the water out of it. Set it aside.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Then, beat eggs, coconut oil and coconut sugar together in a separate bowl. Add the remaining listed wet ingredients and stir/fold everything together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and fold everything together. Be careful not to over stir the batter.
- Fold in grated zucchini, chocolate chips and almond milk (add more tablespoons of almond milk if the batter is too thick).
- Spray a muffin mold with nonstick cooking spray, then evenly divide the batter among the molds. If desired, add 1 or 2 chocolate nibs on top of each muffin.
- Bake between 22 and 25 minutes, or until you can pierce the muffin with a toothpick and it comes out clean.