Here is the easiest – and ONLY – low-carb flatbread base recipe you’ll ever need! Your biggest challenge will be self-control and not eating all the pieces at once. Make it your own, just keep it complimentary of your goals.
Ingredients for 6 pieces of flatbread
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup + 1 heaping tablespoon super fine almond flour
Substitute: coconut flour
1/2 cup arrowroot powder/flour
Substitute: almond flour | pinch of sea salt (technically I know this makes 4 ingredients but 3 sounds better lol)
6 teaspoons of butter spread (1 teaspoon per flatbread)
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients. It should be the consistency of pancake batter, thick and loose. If the batter is too thick, add single tablespoons of full-fat coconut milk to thin it out. If it is too thin/loose, add single tablespoons of almond flour AND arrowroot flour to thicken it (meaning, if you add a tablespoon of almond flour, also add a tablespoon of arrowroot).
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, once hot, lightly spray with a little olive oil then pour in about 1/3 cup of the batter in the middle of the skillet. Allow the flatbread to cook and become firm, about 3 minutes, or until the outer edges turn slightly brown but NOT crispy. If it’s crispy then you either have too much oil in the skillet and/or the heat is too high. Flip it using a spatula and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes until the top and bottom are golden brown. Repeat for each piece.
- Set the flatbread on a cooling rack to cool and become more firm. Brush with the buttery spread while it is still hot. For meal prep, allow these to completely cool, then wrap them individually in nonstick foil or plastic wrap for storage in the fridge. They should last about 6 to 7 days in the fridge.
- Enjoy with your favorite topping!